The price of football
understanding football club finance
- ISBN: 9781788213264
- Editorial: Agenda Publishing
- Fecha de la edición: 2021
- Lugar de la edición: Bath Lane. Reino Unido
- Edición número: 2nd ed.
- Encuadernación: Rústica
- Medidas: 24 cm
- Nº Pág.: 228
- Idiomas: Inglés
The first edition of The Price of Football quickly established itself as the go-to guide to understanding football club finance for the serious fan. Kieran Maguire, one of the UK’s top football finance analysts, shows how professional clubs operate as businesses and explains, in non-technical language, how to read, understand and interrogate club accounts.
As a clear-headed analysis and presentation of the financial imperatives and challenges facing football clubs across the English and Scottish Leagues, it has become a welcome resource not only for students of the industry, but by a wider constituency of supporters looking to understand their club’s latest transfer deal, or season ticket price.
This fully revised and updated edition includes analysis of the most recent club accounts, the latest legal rulings on club affairs, as well as the impact of Covid-19 on the game’s finances.
Part I Football club financial reports
2. The balance sheet
3. The profit or loss account
4. The cash flow statement
Part II The price of football
5. Buying players
6. Ticket prices
7. Broadcasting and sponsorship income
8. Financial fair play
Part III Football club financial analysis
9. How to analyse club accounts 1: trend analysis
10. How to analyse club accounts 2: ratio analysis
11. Valuing a football club
12. Ownership models: love, profit, vanity and insanity
13. Red flags: things that make you go “hmmm” – creative accounting and football finance
14. Football finance in a post-Covid-19 world and Project Big Picture
Glossary of accounting terms