Current issues in succession law
- ISBN: 9781782256274
- Editorial: Hart Publishing
- Fecha de la edición: 2016
- Lugar de la edición: Oxford. Reino Unido
- Encuadernación: Cartoné
- Medidas: 23 cm
- Nº Pág.: 280
- Idiomas: Inglés
While continental and comparative lawyers have recently rediscovered succession law as an area of immense practical importance deserving greater academic attention, it is still a neglected field in England. This book aims to reinvigorate the English debate. It brings together contributions by leading academics and practitioners engaging with topical issues as well as questions of fundamental importance in succession law and estate planning. The book will be of interest to both academics and practitioners working in the field, and to non-English comparative lawyers.
1. Intestacy Reform in 2014-Unfinished Business
2. Disquieting Thoughts: Who Will Benefit When We Are Gone?
3. How Does the Common Law Forfeiture Rule Work?
4. Proprietary Estoppel: Undermining the Law of Succession?
5. Explaining the Mutual Wills Doctrine
Ying Khai Liew
6. What's in a Will?-Examining the Modern Approach Towards the Interpretation and Rectification of Testamentary Instruments
7. Capacity and Want of Knowledge and Approval
8. Reversing Testamentary Dispositions in Favour of Informal Carers
9. What Is Left of the Non-Delegation Principle?
10. Pension Death Benefits: Opportunities and Pitfalls
11. Estate Planning for Businesses